Discussion "Human Rights in School: How to Promote Values among Children" will take place at the America House (6, Mykola Pymonenko Str.) at 12:30 on Tuesday, October 31.
The event is devoted to discussion of the current situation and prospects for teaching human rights to children within the framework of implementation of the National Human Rights Strategy and presentation of experience of other countries (Estonia, France, Sweden). During the event, the results of the monitoring conducted by the Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union on the state of human rights teaching in the Ukrainian schools will be made public. In particular, the analysis of state policy, school curricula and atmosphere and the preparation of textbooks and teachers will be discussed. The Human Rights Information Center will also present the results of the survey among teachers on human rights teaching in schools.
- Serhiy Burov, chairperson of board of the Educational Human Rights House Chernihiv;
- Tetiana Pechonchyk, chairperson of board of the Human Rights Information Center;
- Kseniya Semiorkina, coordinator of monitoring of the National Human Rights Strategy implementation of the Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union;
- Oleksandra Kozoroh, formal education coordinator of the All-Ukrainian educational program “Understanding Human Rights” of the Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union;
- Valentyna Potapova, chairperson of Centerfor Civic Education "Almenda";
- Volodymyr Selivanenko, coordinator of educational programs of Amnesty International Ukraine;
- Iryna Kostiuk, supervisor of the office for education development of the Luhansk Regional Institute of Postgraduate Education, expert of the program “Understanding Human Rights”;
- Hugo Vester, the Ministry of Education of Sweden;
- Lidia Bukur, Education Impact (France);
- Iryna Bakhramova, Narva Soldino Gumnaasium (Estonia).
Representatives of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the Committee of Science and Education of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and the Office of the Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights are invited to participate.
The event will last till 4 p.m. Simultaneous interpretation into English will be provided.
Please, click the registration link.
Attention: be sure to have a personal identity document to enter the America House (passport, driver's license or Temporary Resident Permit).
Discussion organizers: Human Rights Information Centre, Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union, Educational Human Rights House Chernihiv. The event is held with the support of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Ukraine. Opinion poll is supported by UNDP Ukraine and MFA of Denmark. The monitoring is made possible by the generous support of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in the framework of the Human Rights in Action Program implemented by the Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union
Contact Person: email@example.com
+38 (093) 93 89 240 (Yelyzaveta Sokurenko).
If you notice a spelling error, please highlight it with your mouse and press Ctrl+Enter